- Ash, what is your favourite flavour of gum?
- What do you want to tell us? (length is up to you)
I am pretty sure you will find out everything through this interview 😉
Beetles or Elvis?
Elvis, my nana is a big Elvis fan
- What’s it like being Ash for one day? Take us through a typical day.
Get up. Go in the shower, and go for the occasional run. If I am at work I’ll be there normally from 5pm till 9pm if not either pushing My Route To Help or playing pool with friends.
- What city and Country do you live in?
Carlisle, England (9 miles from Scotland)
Energy. Always have energy to do things no matter how tired I am.
- Who would you say is a person you admire, and why? (dead or alive)
Steven Gerrard. Liverpool FC Captain. He is motivational, a leader and never gives up. I hope to develop similar traits when I am older in my own career
- What are your current living arrangements and who may live there also?
Live in a small 2 bedroom house with my parents
- What is your greatest passion and what is your favourite hobby?
Greatest passion is football (soccer) watch it all the time no matter who is playing. Big love for the game. Favourite hobby is either fitness or website building.
- Favourite colour and author (you can use me LOL)
Favourite colour is orange, I don’t have a favourite author. I tend to read auto-biographies
I am into heavy metal music there is a lot more talent that goes into a group of 5 than one person who can just sing the same old pop songs.
21-30? Early stages of being a man!
- Do you have a career? What is it?
Not at the moment, working in retail which I have done for 5 years now. Aspirations to join the Police in the UK as I have finished my university course in Policing.
- Do you consider yourself a workaholic? Or laid back?
Laid back but ambitious. I work hard and I am dedicated but I am a very laid back person!
How did you find the career I hope you like, or don’t like?
- What are the details surrounding the creation of MRTH?
I created MRTH as a project to do over the summer of 2011. It was going to be a blog about my experiences volunteering within the drug and alcohol services in the UK, which was a part of my university course. However it evolved. I started getting people contacting me to share their own stories which I allowed then I started looking for contributors which made the website grow even more. Because I come from a non addiction background its better for me to write about drugs themselves in technical terms but I have no knowledge of addiction hence why the sharing of stories and contributing helps the website go the extra mile.
It’s just over 13 months old now. Still in baby years for the website with over 82,000 page hits!
How many articles to date have been written from readers and members?
126 at present but this is growing and growing. 60 of them are by myself.
- Do you have a newsletter?
No, I use Facebook/Twitter to contact fans and followers of the website.
- Where do you see MRTH headed?
I hope to see it being the best place to share stories of addiction to inspire others. Along with having valuable knowledge from contributors with experience or work within the addiction field.
- Are there any operative challenges right now, ie; admin, video, profile page with photo and befriend button? etc. or do you prefer to keep it simple?
Prefer to keep it simple.
- Who conceptually started MRTH? Is MRTH reaching or offering help to everyone or rather anyone?
Not so much of helping people but to educatepeople. To understand the drugs they are taking. Understanding addiction and to gain motivation reading stories of peoples success stories.
- Who runs MRTH and maintains it? Is there more than one person?
At the minute it is just me. More it grows I will be looking for people to help out when that time comes
- What, and this could be anything, with a magic wand would you have this site do?
To make it the most hit drug addiction website in the world supplying knowledge to everyone.
- Who are your primary readers and what age and geographic are?
At present its 18-30 year olds in the UK, USA and Canada mainly with 46% women and 54% male.
- Are your readers loyal, are there many?
Very loyal, always come back to either submit more content or comment on new content by other people which is supportive. With over 415 likes on Facebook now and 1,500 followers on twitter is positive and hoping to grow in the future.
- Ash, please feel free to leave your members and readers with a message
Thank you for the support over the past 13 months. It has grown because of your input, as small as sharing the website it is helping, which I am very grateful for.