If you enjoy writing about emotional issues that depend on your imagination and opinion, or those of others, hope this helps. Remembering it can be fiction or non-fiction. Pick a creative writing prompt, blog it and post it here, maybe we can laugh and relate together.
- How you need to listen to me
- Seemingly guilty from a particular action
- Do black women really not like white women, why?
- Right or wrong, who would you release from prison and who would you put in?
- Are women emotionally more intelligent or just talk more openly?
- Moving to a new country and falling in love
- Having a dozen over-protective brothers
- Secrets revealed for the first time
- Controlling your anger
- How to apologize when you know you were wrong.
- Disrespecting the code
- Reaction to being taped without your knowledge
- Your sister killed a man
- Getting caught with a blow up doll, dancing together
- Behaviours towards the man who killed your husband
- Crying-provokes and soothes it
- Realize it’s so hard to see the rainbow
- I am vain
- Collecting evidence to prove your innocence and soon convicted
- The humour when your your husband flew after the floor display trampoline in Walmart, trying to show off
- Author you would date and like to get to know
- Talk about the people you like and why
- When do you lie and why
- Frying yellow carrots
- What would your children’s book be titled?
- Name one charity you would run worldwide
- What are you afraid of and the funny reaction you would have physically if faced with a situation carrying this fear
- Aging and the humour in it
- Dancing-can choose any funny subject here
- Is your will containing what you would like done with your writing left live?
- Who’s feedback would you like on whatever you just published
- writing an entire book in sequence but each word spelt backwards
- Could you see yourself in a creative writing contest containing one of these prompts?
- How else could we approach the death penalty
- 35 What is your superpower?
- Where do seahorses play?
- What sports superstar champion, Olympic gold medalist would you be?
- How do you hide
- what would you never sell from your belongings?
- Can you sneeze and hop at the same time?
- What is your favourite website for personal or business and why?
- Your experience eating a worm for $1,000.00
- The colour you used with no other to decorate your house?
- How would you want to be remembered and what for?
- What colour would you change the clouds too?
- What taste would you make air into
- Your greatest love affair
- How to stop cockroaches everywhere to continue to mate
- Who do you wish ran your country?
- The year you would make today live in and what it is like
How to become a writer has one critical step in doing so. How to remain a writer has certain criteria at least that I must live by, to sustain being a writer.
Firstly I was taught this and it changed my life. Just as I loved writing my whole life I easily labelled myself as a broadcast producer for Advertising given my full time career. Not that I didn’t love it just inside I dreamt of being a writer. Another producer was concerned and kind enough to ask me what is on my mind. I expressed my wish to be a writer.
She told me to repeat after me “I Kmberly Gray am a writer” Three times. She paused and asked me if I believed it. I responded ‘absolutely’ Guess what she said, “your a writer, now take pride in your dream and never let anyone tell you otherwise.” I asked her what to do next, feeling vulnerable and she simply said “that’s the beauty of being a writer. What happens next is up to you.”
So there I was supposedly a writer, and as you know looking into a black hole wondering your worth the experience or good enough to share it. Regardless, I was a writer.
I quickly and fearlessly learned how to sustain a writers career; accept being broke, cherish the writing community that is so supportive and apparently every moment possible, write, YAHOO!