I refuse to stay in this place, we all have moments of feeling exhausted from very hard work and needing some validation in return.
That validation could tell me I touched someone, I wrote a good Novel, I am unique, most of all to remember I am a writer.
I was just thinking of a few things that can turn this slump into a self animated solution.
Writing is such a lonely job, but…………………….
- I absolutely need to remind myself I love it, truly can’t imagine my life without it.
- if I write for myself first, I can drop business and success expectations that weigh heavy on my mind.
- Doubt– I have to remember with any project so dear to ones heart and does creatively take all you have, doubt is normal. Give myself permission to have doubt then remember points 1 and 2 and rid of doubt.
- Successful writers write
- I have to remember to stop predicting if my Novel is well received and that sales are no indication of this.
- Stop feeling sorry for myself by not understanding where my novel will go. I may never know.
- Writers block is part of the craft. In fact it is during these black outs I write the most-about nothing-then suddenly I find I am writing and the block lifts.
- Obsessive I am and have spread myself to thin by the number of writing sites I write for. I must force myself to let many of them stand still while I pick my favourite three and work with those.
- As hard as it is for me I want to start talking with other writers share knowledge and get to know writers to talk with in general.
- Lastly, I must take breaks starting tomorrow :o) as I never do. Walk away from the computer and do something not related to writing, including thinking about it.