Monthly Archives: June 2012
Henna Saves Lives-England’s Treatment Working
My mental illness is no secret at HubPages. I write a great deal about it. What we need to understand are the actions and reactions that stem from mental illness. To do so as a means of reaching out in hopes of helping another.
The success of this treatment [self administered] became a healthy new coping mechanism and the inspiration share what not many have still heard of, I also had not heard of these treatments. This is one of the most accurate, and compassionate pieces I have written on this disorder.
Marriage Counseling?, Chemotherapy and baldness? Surgery? Self Mutilation? Tribal Rituals? Event Tattooing? Hair enhancer? Scarring Solutions? Hindu Weddings? Marker for Radiology? Body Art? Sex? Skin Graphing? Cooling treatments for sun effects? Celebrating new Births? And BODY ART. Henna now plays a role in all these.
How do I know this, specifically with self injury? I have a Borderline Personality Disorder, which comes with a lifetime of self cutting, self harm and mutilating and I also abused drugs via IV/ self administered needles. Very quickly for me, the needle became an addiction in that of itself.
Some words to describe this illness are; of self harm / cutting are; pain, sight, blood, scars, isolation, secrets, shame, no self worth, lack of self esteem, precision, relief, usually past abuse, mutilation, loneliness, addiction, control, then lastly and shockingly the release of pain. Mental and emotional pain. There is an answer and I am going to describe this brilliant treatment I learned of a few years ago
I was still cutting and causing myself to bleed as my coping mechanism as well as use needles full or empty to create my own different pain. One I could control and one that would let me escape what issues I needed to for most of my life.
My boyfriend feeling helpless, started to research treatments, for this as you can imagine his concern and the need to want to help me.
Ill back up a bit. What is Henna? Henna, as used, is a natural dirt based paste once mixed with water. It is 100% natural and comes from a flowering plant and the sole species in a line of genus plants from the Lawsonia family of Lythraceae.
This means nothing, better described; I tell you it’s a thin mud that stains in an orange, light brown color for approximately 6 weeks.
This is why Henna tattooing is beautiful when done properly. My boyfriend however found a site in England that treated self injury by switching the obsession to Henna tattooing. By using it very similar the same way without any damage. But for me, came an incredible mess. Easy enough, have a Henna sheet you can work on.
I first was ecstatic and instead of hurting myself used a needle top bottle of henna and began to create. That first time I spent 15 hours and messed and stained myself everywhere. But I understood the concept. However it was a long 6 weeks.
The intricate designs and hours of body painting I couldn’t believe took my needle and knife cravings away. Then because it is mud once it dries you have to pick it off as though you were pulling and picking away pain. Once that was removed a stain of your design almost resembled blood by it’s color and imaginary markings.
I have since learned to Henna where my skin is not exposed and sometimes will do a tattoo bracelet or sandal foot design.
There are so many medical and physiological, beauty and ritual uses for Henna now having a developing for the past 9000 years. They have traced some of these Henna rituals back as far as 1550 BC in Egypt where it was used for medical purposes with prayer.
My prayer has been answered. I have not hurt myself in 2 years. I may not be a special artist in this area but I’ll settle for messy stains rather than messy scars.
Thank you Henna, I think we will be together a very long time.
If you are suffering from self injury, try this, I promise you it doesn’t make much sense on paper but it makes the world of sense on your body.
If you enjoy writing about emotional issues that depend on your imagination and opinion, or those of others, hope this helps. Remembering it can be fiction or non-fiction. Pick a creative writing prompt, blog it and post it here, maybe we can laugh and relate together.
- How you need to listen to me
- Seemingly guilty from a particular action
- Do black women really not like white women, why?
- Right or wrong, who would you release from prison and who would you put in?
- Are women emotionally more intelligent or just talk more openly?
- Moving to a new country and falling in love
- Having a dozen over-protective brothers
- Secrets revealed for the first time
- Controlling your anger
- How to apologize when you know you were wrong.
- Disrespecting the code
- Reaction to being taped without your knowledge
- Your sister killed a man
- Getting caught with a blow up doll, dancing together
- Behaviours towards the man who killed your husband
- Crying-provokes and soothes it
- Realize it’s so hard to see the rainbow
- I am vain
- Collecting evidence to prove your innocence and soon convicted
- The humour when your your husband flew after the floor display trampoline in Walmart, trying to show off
- Author you would date and like to get to know
- Talk about the people you like and why
- When do you lie and why
- Frying yellow carrots
- What would your children’s book be titled?
- Name one charity you would run worldwide
- What are you afraid of and the funny reaction you would have physically if faced with a situation carrying this fear
- Aging and the humour in it
- Dancing-can choose any funny subject here
- Is your will containing what you would like done with your writing left live?
- Who’s feedback would you like on whatever you just published
- writing an entire book in sequence but each word spelt backwards
- Could you see yourself in a creative writing contest containing one of these prompts?
- How else could we approach the death penalty
- 35 What is your superpower?
- Where do seahorses play?
- What sports superstar champion, Olympic gold medalist would you be?
- How do you hide
- what would you never sell from your belongings?
- Can you sneeze and hop at the same time?
- What is your favourite website for personal or business and why?
- Your experience eating a worm for $1,000.00
- The colour you used with no other to decorate your house?
- How would you want to be remembered and what for?
- What colour would you change the clouds too?
- What taste would you make air into
- Your greatest love affair
- How to stop cockroaches everywhere to continue to mate
- Who do you wish ran your country?
- The year you would make today live in and what it is like
Magic is free
I am sure I can taste what a prose could be
Seems anything a dreamer dreams it to be
Such beauty I read in pain
Such inspiration I discover in vain
Magic is free
Do you believe?
You must commit
Or live without imagination
Lock up your child side
And live knowing everything
Has a price tag to it
What is my point?
I point at you
If just once I could wave my wand
To give all of you hope
To share my need inside that breeds
Which must be maintained
And yellow marshmallows
Simple see you already know
If all we ever did do
We could change our abyss
With sincerely of being nice to one another
I will not respond to logic
But will respond to magical efforts
Regardless of size
Size I disregard
Critical to remember we do not own time
I know I am not of special status
Yet status and undefined character is special
Pussy willows help also to expose my child
I process things in my mind
Like film before it is developed
I care so little of my labels
But wish to mend yours
I am unaware of your pain at this moment
Then I shall assume nothing but complexity
Our magic awaits a master, a leader
But can only breath with passion and desire
Patti cake Patti cake bakers man
Will you help the most you can?
Patti cake Patti cake bakers man
Open magic and touch who you can
Patti cake Patti cake, your magic awakes
Do you have to define differences between magic and miracle?
Can you let the cards fall where the must?
Do you recognize magic and even seeing it
Do you embrace it?
Is it a trick or illusion
Could there be forms of reality
We may be to fearful to embrace?
I ask you only from my own child
Do we create magic or can it be self reliant
Is magic defined by the importance of it’s stratey?
Maybe it’s shock value
A child starves to death
magic or miracle?
A child lives
Miracle or magic?
Must I define and categorize everything two 2 only explanations?
Imaging a world now, where I choose to reside
Aware of power and magic
Operating as second nature
If you live through all the pain
You will be gifted with this inspiration
You mock me but read
Why the secret when we all got made the same?
There are buckets of melting snow in the garage
Are you a remedy?
Collapse the facade and release your magic
I have and am no longer bitter, just better
I hate repetitive explanations just as here
If you will not be open to a dimension of magic
You shall never grow, reveal nor change
Your words of methods show
scepticism doesn’t last long they say
It will come out of you if you give it time
Your still asleep and that’s okay
your just accumulating more magic
The strongest magic of all
To ammend past judgements
and forgive ones received